If you've been following along, we've got our first major problem (READ: What the F*ck?!?!). After 11 straight months of consistent rental payments and no maintenance/repair costs...BOOM! I'm finally hit with a big issue.
My First Property is officially vacant and I was never informed by my property management company. Not only that, but the place is in need of repair. Oh yeah, and the garage is not properly secure, and has a squatter living there....not cool/fun. Straight up SUCKS.
SO, it's time to take action and get this turned around.
Step 1 - GET A NEW PROPERTY MANAGER! I've interviewed a couple property management companies, spent over an hour on the phone with all of them, assessed their services, benefits, fee structures, etc and I'm close to choosing one.
*3/26/18 UPDATE - NEW PROPERTY MANAGER HIRED*
Here are my next step priorities:
1. Formalize agreement to have new property manager take over My First Property - DONE
2. Re-key front door, side door, and secure garage - DONE 3/28/18
3. Assess repairs needed and prepare scope of work - DONE 3/28/18
4. Evaluate repairs, budget, and After Repair Value - DONE 3/28/18
5. Decide to rent (preferred) or sell My First Property - DONE. I'M SELLING! (READ HERE)
As you can see, it's going to be a busy time for me. Adding a little more to my plate...I'm closing on My SECOND Property in less than two weeks.
I could easily say "I'm DONE".....crawl up and quit...but this is life...this is taking risks....and I'm pushing through...should be a crazy Spring!
Stay up to date by reading: How's it Currently Performing?